After 2 rounds of Clomid with no ovulation, enough mood swings to last a lifetime, and a depleting savings account, we've decided to put baby making on hold for a few months.
I got my 17 Alpha Hydroxyprogesterone test results back today and everything looked good on their so as the endocrinologist says "There is nothing more I can do for you," I think to myself 'Fine by me you a$shole. I paid you $640 for 20 minutes of your unhelpful time and this is definitely the end of the road for us.' I could have sugar coated that last sentence for you, but that's what he is! He had absolutely no bedside manner and charged and an arm and a leg.
I talked to my coworker a little bit about everything that was going on and she said, "You HAVE to get another opinion. You don't even trust your doctors. You HAVE to go see Dr. J. She's the best! And she's associated with a fertility clinic in Washington (since we have none here)." And I told her I had heard of this doctor but I was worried that she was a nurse practioner and didn't I need a reproductive endocrinologist? My coworker said she had the same thoughts, but this lady is up to date on infertility and specializes in it so she's not squeezing your 15 minute in between 5 other pap smears and STD checks. And she said Dr. J has no problem firing staff that do not exhibit the same bedside manner she does (big plus because I have had a horrible time just getting good service). So I called and I almost began to cry when the secretary said Dr. J was not taking on very many new patients but would have her nurse call and she could give me more information. A sweet lady named Katie called me back and said indeed that was the situation and could I tell her a little bit about my situation. Once I started talking, her responses were ideal. And when I say ideal, I mean when I tell her about Clomid and not ovulating and never being pregnant before, she doesn't respond with an "uh huh" but a "I'm so sorry to hear that, that must have been hard. Hopefully Dr. J will be able to help you!" That's all a girl needs to hear sometimes. A few little words that give her a shimmer of hope :)
My appointment is for January 2nd, and she even offered to put me on the cancellation list but I told her the 2nd would be fine, seeing as how I have a vacation and the holidays are coming up, I wanted to take the month of December off.
I'm super excited! And not an excited feeling because I think this lady can actually get me pregnant, but because I think she will tell me the truth and my coworker said she is so knowledgeable and so truthful and at this point, I really need that. Also, I need to call my ob/gyn to tell her my 17 AHP test was fine and that I don't want to get another ultrasound to check for residual cysts BUT i would like to be prescribe Metformin. It's dictated in her notes that she wants to prescribe it for me but wanted to make sure the endocrinologist made sure nothing else was wrong.
We leave for Hawaii this Sunday for a week! I'm so excited and I will be able to drink and baby dance just for fun while I'm there so it's going to be awesome!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment