Sunday, November 2, 2008

No One Told Me This Would Happen....

So after reading IF blogs for hours on end, how come I never came across the part where DH doesn't want to have sex on the day that you know you are probably ovulating and then you sit there crying because you've drugged your body up for a week now waiting for this one action to take place and it doesn't!

I found out early on when using OPK that telling DH that tonight is the night we HAVE to have sex let to performance anxiety which then led to me lying there silently crying in the fetal position. Last night we both went to bed at the same time and he decided he was going to screw around with his cell phone and play games on it (while I'm laying there debating whether to say "Put the damn phone down, we HAVE to have sex tonight." and risk giving him performance anxiety and taking any bit of romance out of it, or if I just lay there half asleep until I hear him put the phone down). I opted for just waiting until he was done playing. Well more than 10 minutes went by and I fell asleep. So I wake up this morning and am disappointed I fell asleep but decide that's okay, we'll just do it now. So all of a sudden he jumps up to go to the restroom and I ask where he's going. He tells me he has a bunch of homework he needs to get started. So I decided I couldn't not tell him, so I told him we needed to have sex. He got up and went to the restroom, no biggie, but then he proceeds to take a 20 minute shower (about 10 minutes longer than his usual shower). I was pissed. And about ready to just lose it so I left the bedroom and came to my home office where I proceeded to cry my eyes out. About 30 minutes later he comes up and starts rubbing my shoulders asking what I'm looking at on the internet. WTF??? I thought I'd at least get some lame excuse why he decided he wasn't going to have sex.

I'm so frustrated! How did this happen. How can he be so selfish! If you've ever been on Clomid or had a transvaginal ultrasound, you know that you aren't doing that crap because it's fun and a nice way to spend a sunny fall day! And he has one simple job with no drugs involved.

Part 2- He just came in to "see what I was doing." I'm crying my eyes out and trying to remind myself that it's him too that wants a baby, that's what I'm fricken doing! I explained to him what happened and he says I should have initiated something with him last night. I reminded him I've been there, done that, and if he really thought I was going to rip the cell phone out of his hand and say "Give me some lovin" and then have him not perform he is so wrong! So I said, "Fine, what about this morning when I did say we need to have sex as you jumped out of bed. I'm sorry if I didn't know that a normal reaction would be to go take a shower for a really long time, go to the bathroom, brush your teeth, put on some moisturizer." Really? I'm so pissed right now I can't even stand it.

No comments: