Thursday, November 13, 2008

So what's this test for? What's the name of it?.....uhh I don't know.

OMFG! The RE office just called and said that I need to go to the lab and when I'm there they will draw my blood, then put an IV in, then draw my blood, then I'll wait, then they'll draw my blood again and the whole process takes about 2 hours. WHAT??? So when I asked the nurse what the test was called and what this test was checking, she had no clue. She said maybe my cortisol level?!? So then she proceeds to tell me I can call the lab and ask them for more information. I asked her if they already had my name in the computer for the test and she said no. When I asked her what I was supposed to say when I called the lab she said she didn't know. I mean really, I'm supposed to call and repeat back getting blood draw, IV, etc. etc. and they are supposed to know. Hardly! Like when I get my progesterone level checked I could call the lab and say, "I'm supposed to get my progesterone level checked, what does that involve and how much will I be charged?"

Oh and the best part was when the nursed on the phone asked another nurse right there what the test is called and what they are testing she just laughed out loud and said "I don't know!" Really, is this that funny??? So end story, she'll have the RE, the idiot I already paid way too much money too, call me back himself. I know, I need to switch doctors but as soon as he tells me the test he's going to have me do, I planned on calling the endocrinologist my friend works for, that I'm probably going to switch to, and then meet with him after I have the results and too make sure he doesn't think it's a useless test.

I'm losing faith that anyone in my state can do what needs to be done with me. Everything just seems so unprofessional and like I'm not moving forward in the direction of getting pregnant.

No comments: